What is MABIFRACT?
MABIFRACT is a fractal generator for creating Julia and Mandelbrot sets of the most important mathematical functions and other formulas. The calculation is based on the known iteration z(n+1) = f(z(n),c). It is also possible to calculate fractals with Newton's method (finding the roots (or zeroes) of a complex function).
The most important features of MabiFract
- creating of Mandelbrot, Julia and Newton fractals for many functions and formula
- many possibilities to calculate and show the „outside” or „inside” of fractals in different parameter planes
- many possibilities to manipulate the colours of an image
- colour tables in the GIS and GPL format or in the format of the DISLIN colour tables (RGB coordinates in the range 0 to 1) are supported
- Zoomin, Zoomout and shift of the fractal
- the parameters of a fractal are stored in a parameter file
- user defined defaults and options for many parameters
- images can be stored in png-, tiff- or pdf-format
- the graphical user interface is compatible to the WINDOWS-GUI
- input can be done alternatively by popup menues or by cursor keys
- different possibilities to make the analysis and administration of computed fractals easier
- all calculations are done with complex floating point numbers of double precision
- cannot create 3D- oder 4D-Fraktale
- does not support user written formula
- 64-bit-Systems are currently not supported
- true colour is currently not supported (only 256 colours)
In summary: MABIFRACT is a user friendly fractal generator for the introduction into the world of fractals
Try it! The effort is low and then you can decide if it meets your demands or if you want programs with more functions ( which are often very complex and need a long time to get acquainted with). And don't forget::
MABIFRACT is free!